Friday, March 29, 2013

Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism Awareness Month... How are you planning on educating your staff/coworkers?

My administrator has graciously allowed me 5-10 minutes at our next staff meeting to give a brief overview of ASD.  I have put together the following powerpoint presentation for the staff.  Included in the presentation is a handout to pass out to your fellow colleagues with simple intervention ideas that can be easily implemented in the general education classroom.  There are two hyperlinks to YouTube videos (disclaimer, one contains a profanity in the title as well as a brief clip in the video).  You will also notice the slide about technology and ASD; that slide is made special for my administrator... if you do not understand why, see my previous blog post Let's Talk iPads.

I hope everyone enjoys this free presentation and that it is of use for you and your staff.

Let me know if you use it and the feedback you receive!

Download from my TpT Store

No comments:

Post a Comment